Re: Wacky OD

To: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wacky OD
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:16:48
With my very limited knowledge of transmissions and overdrives imparticular
let me try.  The O/D should work exactly the same in 3d or 4th, the
difference is farther up in the actual gearbox with the gears.  Since it
only does this in O/D (right?) we can safely assume that is not the
problem.  The only item I could think or is the lock out switch on top of
the O/D.  I don't know what these are like when you take them apart or if
they are repairable.  If someone does I would surely be interested for
general knowledge.

Patrick Bowen