RE: Wacky OD

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Wacky OD
From: Randy Joles <rjj@lightstream.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:06:40 -0400
It sounds like the switch has backed out of the mounting.  The switch is
threaded into the mounting plate, and is contacted by a long arm attached
to the shifter mechanism.  It is possible that the arm is slightly bent so
that it is not quite close enough to close the switch when in 3rd, but is
close enough when in 4th.  I would try adjusting the switch a tiny bit in
and see what happens.

Randy Joles
1961 Herald Conv 948
1963 Herald Conv 1200