RE: REPLACING FLOORPANS

To: "'jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil'" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>,
Subject: RE: REPLACING FLOORPANS
From: Ian Southwell <IanSouthwell@ApexSystems.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:52:42 +0100
I wouldn't risk replacing them off the chassis if it were me.  Mine were
replaced professionally and they cut the floor right back to the
transmission tunnel then butt welded the new floor in. I took photos of them
doing and this and boy does it look drastic!!!  Looking at your pride & joy
with no floor or sills.  Best to weld a bar accross the door apperture for
extra support prior to removing the old floors. I have a MIG but I'm not
confident I could have done a good job.  Best to pay someone to do the
welding I think - this must be the most difficult job in the whole
restoration!

Good luck!

Ian Southwell, UK
GT6 Mk3 x 2