GT6 rocker cover fasteners

To: Scions of the Spitfire <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 rocker cover fasteners
From: Dee Jackson <dee_jackson@gilbarco.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:22:44 -0400
Lurk = off

Hi All,

Work continues on the rescue of my Mk3 with Mk2 lump.  Brake system all
rebuilt, suspension is in process (we're painting the left front pieces
tonight for reassembly).  The head's back from the machinist, block is
stripped, waiting for parts before going to machinist next week.  I'm to
the point of getting the small stuff for the reassembly.  Hence, my
questions:

Since this was a basket case, I'm unsure of some things.  From what I
can tell, the rocker cover was attached with 2 studs (center and rear)
and 1 bolt (front).  Why the one bolt?
Can I use three studs a la TR6 or is there a clearance problem at the
front of the engine?
Am I missing something?

I'm sure there'll be more as reassembly progresses.  Thanks for the
help.

D.
Spit FM90204UO
GT6 KF20632

--
Dee Jackson              Ph. 336-547-5007
Gilbarco Inc.             Fax 336-547-5234