Heat problem Identified and new problems

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Heat problem Identified and new problems
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:04:13 PDT
Well guys the spitfire has done something quite mysterious.  It ate my
cell phone.  I have a really small phone and somehow while driving it
the other night it disappeared.  I know it was in there I used it!

Anyway while trying to find the phone I started to poke around at the
tranny tunnel trying to find the source of my heat problem.  The tranny
cover flange or whatever is quite deteriorated.  Its made of... you
guessed it, that most durable of substances, cardboard!  In some places
I could poke several fingers into the engine bay.  Question is can I buy
a new "flange" the part that actually mates to the firewall. or do I
have to buy a new tranny tunnel.  I may fashion some sort of sheet-metal
(I do *sarcasm on* LOVE *sarcasm off* sheet metal) part to cover the
tunnel entrance in the brive bay.  All input welcome.

Also while contorting in my floor boards I noticed that my battery box
is in need of some work.  I can see Mr. Interstate in one corner.  How
is this normally fixed?  I know it has to be a common problem.  Might
have to steal the TIG from NORTEL.

Now if I could just find my phone....

Ryan Smith
Mechanial Engineering, Virginia Tech