Re: Keys

To: SpitfireKP@aol.com, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Keys
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 08:35:15
Kris, if it is the same key as a '79 Spit then what you need is a key blank
for a late '70's Ford Fiesta.  This is a standard key blank carried by any
locksmith.  Mine is made by ILCO on one side it reads X86 and on the other
it reads FC7.  It took me forever to find this.  The locksmith will have to
grind it down a bit but it will work great (you will understand when you
compare the keys).  Hope I helped.

Patrick Bowen

At 10:34 PM 10/21/98 EDT, SpitfireKP@aol.com wrote:
>I have looked everywhere for a place where I can get my 74 Spitfire key
>copied, including England. No one carries the right blank. I only have one
key
>and I would like to make some copies. Does anyone know how I can get my hands
>on a blank? Furthermore, I purchased my Spitfire w/ one key. Only after I
>nearly bent my only ignition key in half trying to unlock my door did I
figure
>out that there is a different key for the door. Anyone know where I can get
>one of those?
>
>KRIS POWELL

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire