Engine paint

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine paint
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:08:30 -0600
Hi all!

On this engine paint thread -- the engine block in Tristan (my race
Spit) is red and matches the car.  While it came like that and I didn't
paint it that way (the last 1500 I rebuilt I painted black and it looked
GREAT), I really like it since I can see spills and drips and see where
things happen.  I will certainly paint any block I work on a lighter
color than black, for this reason!

(Then again, I am not a concours purist.  Blocks probably came from the
factory not painted, clearcoated, or plain black, so concours folks need
to follow factory color schemes.)

Just my .72 cents (inflation, ya know).

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   :)