Re: I saw it!!!

To: aeh53@juno.com
Subject: Re: I saw it!!!
From: aeh53@juno.com (Andrew E. Henderson)
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:45:26 -0600
Hi to all,
I gave the owner of the 79 1500 a call today r.e. the ad he placed in the
local Trader Paper.  The owner wasn't home but I spoke with his father.
They had purchased the car about 5 yrs ago from an Uncle in North
Carolina.  It has a Roadster Fact. rebuild in it.  The susp. has been
gone through completly (supposedly by a local shop which has a good, if
pricey, reputation).  The only thing which has not been rebuilt is the
trans., & yes, it has O/D.  Interior in good shape, dash wood has been
replaced.  "Like new" soft top & an aftermarket (i.e. fiberglass)
Hardtop.  The father wasn't sure of the miles.  New Pirelli tires.
Electrics all work.  Color is red, but not orig. (go figure).  Originally
was blue.  He did mention that it could use paint; no real body damage
other than assorted parking lot dings, etc.  Did say that there was no
rust.  Nice enough fellow, & seemed to know something about the car.  The
reason for selling is that the owner (his son) drives cross country rigs
& is never around to use it, etc.  Asking $1500 OBO. Tel. # is
317-786-6887 (Indianapolis Area)  Of course, no financial interest or
considerations.

Cheers & Happy New Year

Andy Henderson