Re: I saw it!!!

To: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: I saw it!!!
From: Ronald Fowler <triumph@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:07:48 -0500
Laura G. wrote:

>I went into places
> that you wouldn't believe to find Triumph and Spitfires.

Been there!  Done that!  One of the best stories I have is the "mint"
'75 Spitfire in the hay field that had "vegetation" growing through both
floor pans to the inside of the top with the windows up!  When I opened
the passenger door a baking tray fell out and landed on my feet!  Then I
realized that the tray was the current owners idea of an optional floor
pan and the growing vegetation had pushed it up into a vertical position
against the door panel.  Provided for easy cleaning!!!!  I checked the
driver's side and it had the same option installed as well.  This time
my feet were prepared for the possibility of falling trays!

This was a rusty $50 parts car that hadn't run in 15 years and was so
"rare" that the owner insisted it was worth $3,000!!!!  I had been told
that it was running the previous day - wait a minute, the carb was in
the trunk and cob webs were in the intake!  When I asked why I hadn't
been told the truth about the car actually running the previous day, I
was told; "Hey, I had to get you out here!"  This was also a white car
painted red.  At the conclusion of my visit, the owner informed me that
he would gladly drop the price to $2,500!

> Excellent suggestion. The dues are well worth the networking and the mere
> comraderie! And you never know-there might be a club member who decides to
> part with a Spitfire. Some of these people have more than one Triumph and
> decide to get rid of one now and again. Sometimes they sell a restored car
> to raise funds for another restoration. Or you just might find the car of
> your dreams at a meet-a friend of mine had 2 GT6s and was showing them at a
> meet and someone made him a good offer for one-et voila! Now he has one and
> some lucky someone has a lovely red (original red) 67!
>
> Hang in there!
>
> Laura G. and Nigel

Outstanding!

Later,