Re: Aluminum casting refinish option - NEW

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Aluminum casting refinish option - NEW
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 20:46:51 -0600
Peter and list,

The "glass" I was referring to was the ultra fine stuff used today, not
plain silica sand  - as outlawed in most of Europe due to silicosis.  Yes,
I'm sure that there is a danger in ANY form of blasting.

All this work was done in a blaster cabinet that would be ALMOST large
enough to fit TR panels (about 4' cubed inside)  This cabinet was attached
to a centrifuge/ dust collector which allowed only the re-usable media to
fall to the suction chamber.  Somehow, the whole apparatus was connected to
a 5 foot cube of FILTER machine which self-cleaned with a God Awful BANG
every minute or so.  In it's base was a dust drawer which contained spent
media and grunge as fine as icing sugar.   Winnipeg Wheel Works uses this
machine all day, every day, for everything.  My buddy is #3 in command after
the 2 owners so he gets his way.  Everybody should have the opportunity to
know somebody like Gord.  Hell, he even did about half the work for me! And
it sure didn;t hurt that it was THEIR $15,000 invested.

Having done all the sandblasting on my GT6 outside, on my own, I swore I'd
never blast again.  Saves getting the big compressor (I mean BIGGG), is less
messy, and the money you pay to have work done will be less than your ruined
clothes, messy garage, and ruined lungs.

Dave

And not a spec of dust on my street clothes in 2 hours of work!