brakes continued - grease on the rubber

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: brakes continued - grease on the rubber
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:50:35 -0600
So, I am beginning to think the MC is leaking internally.  This is since a
have good pressure now (after 24 gallons of fluid and a wife with one
huge leg)  and the pedal, when pressed hard, goes to the floor, and no
fluid is leaking from the MC or the the lines.

I had my wife watch the tires as I slammed on the brakes on loose
gravel.  She said that most of the time, all tires locked.

The MC rebuild kit came with "rubber grease" and said to apply to any
rubber that was continually exposed to brake fluid.  I thought that meant
to apply a thin coat to the seals.  Did I possibly screw something up?  If
not, should I get the MC sleeved at a machine shop?

If any of you are wondering why we have such nice weather in the
south, it is because MY CAR ISN'T WORKING!!

Thanks for all help thus far.  It is much appreciated.

Kevin