Re: '77 Spit--Help, Electrical/Ignition/Regulator Questions?

To: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>, Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '77 Spit--Help, Electrical/Ignition/Regulator Questions?
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 21:56:31 -0600
This is the drive resistor.  According to the Bentley manual it can be
considered a detached component of the amplifier.  It is supposed to be
mounted on the diverter valve bracket .  There should be a plug with two
white wires attached to one side (coming out of the harness) and then a
single wire (white with blue stripe) going from it to the distributor.

You are right the car starts with 12 volts through the coil then drops to
6.  The 12 volts are supposed to make it start easier and the six allow the
coil to run cooler. ( As I understand it)

Roger Elliott