RE: Junk mail (spam) no LBC

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Junk mail (spam) no LBC
From: Mike Welch <mikew@turbopower.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 19:36:14 -0700
Brad,
  It was my understanding that cookies were just files on your computer that
contain information given to it by the web site you are visiting.  They keep
track of things like the number of times you visited that site, any
registration info for that site, and other things related only to that site.
The browser maintains security for the cookies so only the site that created
the cookie can access it.  The site can read only the cookie that it
created, it can't read cookies created by other sites.  Of course, I could
be wrong about it also<g>

BTW, I have cookies enabled and have only received spam from my newsgroup
postings (I use a different address there).

Mike Welch
'68 +/- Spitfire MkIII
'60 Jaguar MkII
http://home.turbopower.com/~mikew