Re: Electric Fuel Pump

To: Bob Norway <examiner@scci.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 22:24:35 -0500
Bob,
    The way I am going to do my electric fuel pump is to "T" the oil
pressure switch,leaving the origional switch and adding another which
has normally open and normally closed contacts,The normally open is fed
from the starter solonoid and gets 12 volts while cranking. When the
engine starts and gets oil pressure,the closed switch opens, and the
open switch closes,feeding key switched 12 volts to the pump.There are
three terminals on the switch,one (the "c"or common) goes to the fuel
pump,the normally open goes to a 12 volt switched source and the
normally closed contact goes to the starter solonoid terminal that is
hot only when cranking.I got my switch through a forklift supply
(Caterpillar) but they are probobly avalible from NAPA.
                                           Hope this helps and if Dan
Masters has anything to add I would really like to hear.

                                            Good Luck,
                                            Bob Harris