Rear Susp. camber

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Susp. camber
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:49:54 -0500
I've sort-of been following the thread on the rear wheel camber.  I haven't
seen anyone mention a camber compensator.  Back in the late 60s I used to
auto X a 67 Spit.  One of the mods was a camber compensator.  It was
basically a single spring leaf that went between both rear wheels below the
dif. In the center of the spring there was a saddle that attached to the
spring and bolted to the diff.  Worked quite well.

One of the other fellows, he had the hottest spit in the group, welded sum
U to the top of the suspension (or possibly the fender well) and to the
trunion.  He them made a loop out of steel cable and hooked it over the
Us.  This limited the travel of the axles and really made the car stay
on the ground.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi