Re: Rear Susp. camber

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Susp. camber
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:06:55 -0800
John,
I have taken the specifications for one of the '60s camber compensators
(thanks Dave) and after I finally get down to Tucson, I intend to make
one as a test for my racing Spit project.  If it turns out to work the
way it should, and the price is not prohibitive, I plan to make up a
batch of them and offer them for sale.  I'm hoping that I can offer them
for around $150 (US) each.

Any interest?

Regards,
Joe Curry

"John T. Blair" wrote:

> I've sort-of been following the thread on the rear wheel camber.  I haven't
> seen anyone mention a camber compensator.  Back in the late 60s I used to
> auto X a 67 Spit.  One of the mods was a camber compensator.  It was
> basically a single spring leaf that went between both rear wheels below the
> dif. In the center of the spring there was a saddle that attached to the
> spring and bolted to the diff.  Worked quite well.
>
> One of the other fellows, he had the hottest spit in the group, welded sum
> U to the top of the suspension (or possibly the fender well) and to the
> trunion.  He them made a loop out of steel cable and hooked it over the
> Us.  This limited the travel of the axles and really made the car stay
> on the ground.
>
> John
>
> John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@exis.net
> Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229
>
>               48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
> 71 Saab Sonett III     75 Bricklin SV1     77 Spitfire
>
> www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer