Re: MC Slack From Ovaling

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MC Slack From Ovaling
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:51:52 EST
I just had the same problem with the clutch master cylinder.  I ended up
putting in a bolt and nut with a washer on each side and tightening down,
but not too snugly.  On the first push, it moves forward and stays there
on return, eliminating the slack associated with the ovality  The hydraulic
system automatically adjusts for the piston being slightly further out.
The washers and the thoughtful automatic lubrication provided by the
hydraulic fluid that inevitably weeps to some degree, allow for the small
amount of pivoting needed at the bolt as long as you didn't overtighten.

Cheap and easy - does it get better than that?!?

-Greg

78 Spit - daily driver
72 Spit - floor? We don't need no stinkin' floor