Re: Radio Installation/ Metal Polishing

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Radio Installation/ Metal Polishing
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:40:12 -0500
Atwell (et al...)

When I polish steel I coat it (immediately) with Krylon spray can clear.
Aluminum
I just leave "raw"..  If it becomes a hassle to keep it shiny once the car is
done
I'll pull it off and clear coat it as well.  The clear really enhances the
appearance of the steel (and stops the rust), while it seems to detract from the
polished aluminum.

I'm planning to make a polished billet aluminum dash (engine turned...
oooohhhhhh...) to match the brace and aluminum interior panels..   I'm not sure
how the brace would look (polished) in an otherwise stock interior.  Maybe
powder-coated black?

regards,

John (<--really looking for a chromed roll bar to finish off the interior)