Re: need distributor help

To: "Glenn Trunnell" <trunnell@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: need distributor help
From: "Michael Altomare" <MTAltomare@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:16:45 -0500
Glenn,

I'm not sure if your '76 is like my '77, but mine had a vacuum retard (not
advance) unit on it for emissions purposes.  It made the car too sluggish at
low RPMs, so I kept the vacuum unit plugged with the idle setting at 10-12
deg BTDC.  I have since replaced the distributor and Lucas ignition with a
Mallory Unilite distributor set at 6-8 deg BTDC (I now have 9:1 compression
ILO the original 7.5:1).  Total advance is limited to 30-32 degrees.  You
don't want to exceed 32-34 degrees or engine damage can result.  I hope this
helps.

Michael Altomare
'77 Spitfire 1500
MTAltomare@Prodigy.net