Emissions help

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Emissions help
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:56:00 -0800
Hello;

I am about to start a restoration project on my 1979 Spitfire.  Way back
in 1984 I had the "bright idea" of eliminating the stock carburetor,
which was dripping gasoline onto the hot exhaust manifold anyway.  Well,
I installed a downdraft Weber, intake manifold, and tuned headers.
Since there was no place to reattach the numerous hoses and pipes
comprising the emissions control system, I eliminated them.  I mean I
threw away all that stuff, air pump, EGR valve, catalytic converter,
carburetor, everything (can you say "STUPID", boys and girls?).  Well
now I am living out here in Beaverton, Oregon, and all cars 1974 and
newer have to go through a really tough emissions test (new cars off the
showroom have been known to fail!).  So here is my dilemma:  I need to
get all that stuff back into my Spitfire.  Can someone suggest where
these items might be purchased either new or used?  ANY HELP will be
much appreciated.

Thanks.

Reid