re: Subject: How big fits in a Spitfire

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Subject: How big fits in a Spitfire
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:29:53 -0500
Well, I'm 6'2+ and, ehem, about 290 pounds and I fit pretty well in mine. I am
very short of leg and long of body so with the top up I make a dent in it. I do
find that my right leg (left hand drive car) ends up in uncomfortable positions
on long drives - I wish for a couple more inches of rear-ward seat travel. A
friend of minie who is 6'6 has driven the car too - he actually fits better
with the top up than I do - looong legs, shorter torso than me. I am thinking
of fitting cruise control for long trips.... ;-) I actually fit perfectly in
old Italian cars, if that gives you a good picture of how I am built -
ape-like.

Kevin Rhodes
Portland Maine
Freddy the Spit