How big fits in a Spitfire - Lurker momentarily exposes personal details

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: How big fits in a Spitfire - Lurker momentarily exposes personal details
From: Nick Moseley <nmoseley@comsavings.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:33:49 -0800
 I'm 6 ft, 180-190 lbs (depends on season and how active I've been). (Thats my
story and I'm sticking to it).
In the Spit I'm used to driving I keep the seat base in the farthest-but-one
notch, with the back-rest up against the slightly intrusive roll-bar. This was
my daily-driver for 8+ years, and I never felt constricted.
 In the other Spit (recently acquired and not yet insured, needs attention etc)
I've adjusted the seat base to the rear-most notch, seat back reclined, and
(without a roll-bar) it feels slightly more comfortable.
I have longish arms, and longish legs, and only touch the soft-top if I'm
having a really bad hair day (static electricity).( Hmmm, Lucas and static
electricity = rub a balloon on my hair and touch it to the starter and start
the engine first time every time? ).
For comparison, I once test-drove a VW Fox with a sunroof installed. My hair
was in constant contact with the roof, even on a "good" hair day. No sale.
Hope this helps, if the decision is to get a Spit or not to get a Spit, then I
suggest: "Get a Spit".
 Regards

[Nick Moseley]