Re: Electronic Lucas Ignition

To: John Weber <weberjm@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: Electronic Lucas Ignition
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 06:01:41 -0800
...shouldn't a
>resistor have some resistance?  My training says yes, but after many
>beers and many years I am prone to mental lapses :)
Yes, but it's very low typically ballast resisters are around 1.5 (yes, one
point five)ohms.  Set your meter to read in the lowest range possible.  I
would find it highly unlikely that it is shorted.  Resistors of this
variety (wirewound), when they go, usually end up melting a section of the
coil of resistance wire, resulting in an open condition-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)