Weber DGV Carb Questions

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber DGV Carb Questions
From: "Bollinger, Bob D. (BODB)" <BODB@chevron.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 07:27:12 -0800
I see that Vicky Brit has Weber DGV carbs on sale ($400 instead of $500) and
was thinking of replacing the stock ZS on my '79 Spit.  Before jumping into
this I had few questions that I was hoping someone could help me out with.

- Will I notice significant performance improvement for the money?
- Would I need anything else along with a new Weber DGV?
- Is it fairly easy to install yourself?
- After installation doesn't it need to be tuned and can I do it with one of
           those Colortune spark plugs or should a mechanic do it?
- Would installing this new carb constitute "changing the emission system"
           as the note in the catalog warns about (I'm in CA if that makes a
difference).

Thanks in advance for any input.

Bob