Re: Weber DGV Carb Questions

To: "Bollinger, Bob D. (BODB)" <BODB@chevron.com>,
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Carb Questions
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:54:55
Bob,  for better deals on Webers check out this address
http://www.webercarburetors.com/index.htm

Their Webers are priced from $289  (my understanding is they are the
clearing house for Weber in the U.S., in other words they sell the carbs to
VB)

Never driven a spit with a ZS so I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you
the carb works great, my only trouble is getting the choke adjusted
correctly (more operator error than equipment error)  But it is not that
hard to tune.

Very simple to install  (you will need a new intake manifold)

Yes this would most defineately constitute changing your emissions system.

Hope I helped,
Patrick

At 07:27 AM 2/19/99 -0800, Bollinger, Bob D. (BODB) wrote:
>I see that Vicky Brit has Weber DGV carbs on sale ($400 instead of $500) and
>was thinking of replacing the stock ZS on my '79 Spit.  Before jumping into
>this I had few questions that I was hoping someone could help me out with.
>
>- Will I notice significant performance improvement for the money?
>- Would I need anything else along with a new Weber DGV?
>- Is it fairly easy to install yourself?
>- After installation doesn't it need to be tuned and can I do it with one of
>           those Colortune spark plugs or should a mechanic do it?
>- Would installing this new carb constitute "changing the emission system"
>           as the note in the catalog warns about (I'm in CA if that makes a
>difference).
>
>Thanks in advance for any input.
>
>Bob

Patrick Bowen