Snugtop

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Snugtop
From: ctschmitz@west.raytheon.com
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:55 -0800 (PST)
     The company "Snugtop", now one of of the larger manufacturers of
     camper shells (I have one on the Ford eff one fitty) started out
     making fiberglass tops for sports cars - I remember seeing their ads
     back in the '70s in C&D and R&T. I recall that they made them for
     Triumphs, MGs, and possibly for those odd little cars that come from
     the boot-shaped country where the Pope lives.

     I don't know when they stopped making the little tops (they still make
     one for the Ma Ma Mia Mumu.... sorry I can't bring myself to say it),
     but I bet it was at LEAST 15 years ago. A call to the company might
     provide some information - they're in Long Beach, CA.

     Check this out: http://www.snugtop.com/about_snugtop.htm

     Tom