RE: Brakes not working well.

To: "Rick Gregory" <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brakes not working well.
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 23:55:01 -0500
Try:
replacing the rubber brake lines ($80 for all 4, even in braided)
rebuilding the M/C ($10? as I recall)
replacing the rear wheel cylinders (about $20 each... It wasn't worth
rebuilding them for me.)

I did all of the above, new pads/shoes, and am quite pleased.

Gregory W. Smith      http://www.cvn.net/~gsmith
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
1980 Spitfire 1500 "for the wife" :)
1980 TR7 Spider v8 (in progress)
1980 TR7 30th Anniversary Edition (deceased)