GT6 dash pad defroster vents

To: "'Spitfires'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 dash pad defroster vents
From: "Theis, Karl J" <karl.j.theis@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:58:24 -0700
First of all, Thanks to all who helped me with brake pedal question.  I have
a new one on the way.
I made more progress in my MkI GT6 restoration and then confronted another
glitch.  I installed the new, used and uncracked (!) dash crashpad I bought
from Nigel at Spitbits.  So far so good.  Made a new heater box gasket and
bolted in the heater box.  Still going good.  Dug out of a box in the
basement the windshield defroster vents, the part that sits on top of the
crashpad.  Oh no. It fits, but not quite.  The studs on the vent piece line
up with the holes in the dash, but the air slots don't line up.  Put another
way,  the defroster vent studs are offset toward the front side of the vent
slot, while the holes in the dash are in the same plane as the vent slot.
Make any sense?  I didn't think so.  I can fix the problem by carefully
slotting the mounting holes in the dash so the air vents slots line up.
        HERE'S MY QUESTION:  Can somebody check their hoard of Spit/GT6
parts for a defroster vent cover and see if the mounting studs are offset
from the centerline or on it?
Thanks again,
Karl