Re: GT6 dash pad defroster vents

To: "Theis, Karl J" <karl.j.theis@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: GT6 dash pad defroster vents
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:30:05 -0800

"Theis, Karl J" wrote:

>         HERE'S MY QUESTION:  Can somebody check their hoard of Spit/GT6
> parts for a defroster vent cover and see if the mounting studs are offset
> from the centerline or on it?

Karl,
Yes, I can do that!!!!!!!!

Oh, you want me to?  Ok, I looked and I found 2 pair of the covers (the
part that protrudes on top of the crash pad.  One came off a GT6+ and
the other from a '75 Spit and both have the studs offset toward the
widest part of the cover.

I can't imagine, however, why you would need to slot the holes in the
dash.  Perhaps the air directors below the openings are bent.

Regards,
Joe

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer