RE: GT6 dash pad defroster vents

To: "'spitlist@gte.net'" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 dash pad defroster vents
From: "Theis, Karl J" <karl.j.theis@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:00:17 -0700
Joe,
        Thanks for checking.  You confirmed my suspicions.  I kind of
figured that the vent mounting studs on all the different Spit/GT6 models
are offset.  The Vicky Brit Catalog only calls out only one part number.
My problem is, when I drop the vent piece into the dash pad, the air vents
on the two parts don't line up.  It's not even close.  Also, the dash pad
has indentations for the vent covers to fit into, and they don't.  They are
off by about 1/2".  But if I slot the holes in the dash I can make it line
up.  But I shouldn't have to, should I?  what am I missing?
Karl