Flipping latches (was Spit Speed)

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Flipping latches (was Spit Speed)
From: "Bayrock, Michael" <michael_bayrock@bctransit.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:18:39 -0800
I used to have problems with the bonnet latches flipping open.  I even
learned how to re-fasten the left side latch while driving at speed (and,
yes, my car is KC80064   L).

Then one day a grizzled fellow at a British parts place informed me that if
you kept the darn things lubricated then they stayed shut. I followed his
advice and haven't had a problem since. (and no, Neil, I didn't have to
explain where the vaseline went either).

Give it a try - it worked for me.

Michael
70 & 71 GT6+
michael_bayrock@bctransit.com