Re: dash top

To: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dash top
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:53:04 -0500
Hi Nik,

try Nigel Cosh at Spit Bits:

1-800-201-0494   or   http://www.spitbits.com

Tell him Atwell said Hi.

Though I would suggest that the crashpads get their strength from the
underlying body, once bolted in.  Why can't you just protect what is there
with POR 15 epoxy paint on the metal, then use a plastic cover?   Unless
you are going concours, that is a practical solution.

His crashpads are in good shape, but they ARE original. 20 year old vinyl
is rather brittle IMO.

Atwell Haines
.79 Spitfire with plastic cover over dash top.