Re: SPITseat replacements

To: suchak@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: SPITseat replacements
From: Kirk Crawford <kirk.crawford@beachnet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:10:44 -0800
At 3:21 PM -0800 2/26/99, John Suchak wrote:
>Hey, by the way, how's the fit in the car on those GTs?  Do they raise
>your butt much more than the stock seats?  What kind of mounts did you
>use?  Any headroom problems?

They fit pretty well I pushed them up against the hump in the center of the
car and I still have enough room to slide my hand down between the door and
the seet in case I lost the seat belt.  They mount with a bar that goes
accross the front of the seat on the under side.  I put a one inch square
piece of wood between this and the carpet.  It lifts the front of the seat
up a bit and tilts it back.  Without the wood it felt like you were too
bolt upright or leaning forward.

The seat slides forward and back on it's rails.  I usually have it in a mid
position.

I am 6 feet tall and have no problems with head room.  I have the
fiberglass hard top on in the winter that you see in the pictures.  In the
summer, of course this is not an issue :-).

I do think it may raise your butt a little compared to the original seats,
but I don't remember ever sitting on the original seats.  I put the GT's in
over 20 years ago.

I still have the originals however in case I want to restore them someday.

>Thanks!  (The picture of your interior is my new W95 "Desktop"...
>Cool! )

I am honored!
---
Kirk Crawford mailto:kirk.crawford@beachnet.com