RE: SPITseat replacements

To: "\"'Spitfires@autox.team.net'\" " <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SPITseat replacements
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:35:00 -0800
Atwell;

I have considered using racing buckets to replace the seats in my Spitfire
because of their better durability.  I was unaware of any "insurance
concerns".
Can you elaborate on that?

Reid
'79 Spitfire (mine for all 20 years)

Author:  "Atwell Haines" [SMTP:carbuff@nac.net] at MSXGATE
Date:    2/26/99 8:06 AM

At 10:34 AM 2/26/99, Bowen, Patrick A. RP2 wrote:
>I don't know but if someone offered to completely redo a set of seats for
>$250  I would jump on it.  (a covering kit costs that by itself).

Jump on a newly recovered seat?  I think not.   :-)  Oh, you were not
speaking literally?

I spent about $900 US on foams, coverings and door panels last year.   My
b*tt thanks me every time I get in the car.

I would look closely at the foams & make sure they were ALL replaced.

BTW an alternative might be to aquire some racing bucket seats.   I recall
from past threads they are a bit cheaper.  There were some insurance and
(of course) originality concerns with that however.

Atwell Haines
\

>At 06:59 PM 2/25/99 -0800, Flinthoof Ponypal wrote:
>>
>>     What is an appropriate price for a pair of rebuilt complete seats?
The