RE: SPITseat replacements

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: SPITseat replacements
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 17:14:56 -0500
At 08:35 AM 2/26/99 -0800, Simmons, Reid W wrote:
>Atwell;
>
>I have considered using racing buckets to replace the seats in my Spitfire
>because of their better durability.  I was unaware of any "insurance
>concerns".
>Can you elaborate on that?

Sure,

There was a thread a couple years ago on the Triumph list regarding
replacement seats.   I never saved it, and someone correct me if my memory
is faulty, but I think one concern was for those who insured their cars as
'classics' (you know, only driven to shows etc).   The car had to look
original or it did not qualify.

The other thing may have been regarding replacement of damaged or stolen
parts of the car...just like with aftermarket radios or CBs, unless a
modification was specifically stated to be insured, it was not covered.

If you want to be on the up-and-up, check with your insurance company.

This may not be any big deal to some.  I'm sure those expensive double
sidedraft Webers always fall off in accidents...  ;-)

Atwell "not a tattler" Haines
Succasunna, NJ USA
'79 Spitfire, very original thank you.

++++++