Re: vendors

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: vendors
From: Bob Norway <examiner@scci.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 01:14:18 -0500

Fred Thomas wrote:

> It seems at least twice a year we get on a binge of kicking the s@#t out
> of our main parts suppliers (Big 3), I'm sure if we take our time and
> think for a minute, we can all find a lot of faults with these vendors
> for many reasons, out of stock, wrong part, waited too long, only
> shipped half my order, etc. etc.. Now lets take just half this time and
> contemplate where these cars would be if it were not for these nasty,
> back ordering, rude, stupid, uncaring parts clerks and hi-living owners,
> gee I sure like driving my car, glad the places are still there. Now
> just how much longer can this same thread continue and when will it
> start again, sort a like bad breath = better than no breath at all.
> just me again.   "FT"

I guess the question that arises, is that since most all the parts for our
Spits are sourced from the same place, why can one parts house get them
quicker than another? Or does one manage their inventory better than
another, or have a 'secret' source that the others do not? Just
wondering......

Cheers

--
Bob Norway
Rockledge, Florida
Home Page http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/5953/mypage.html
ICQ# 3752712
***************************
TLCB - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia Brotherhood
http://www.seacoast.com/~jsweet/brotherh/index.html
Udorn RTAFB Nov'70 - Nov'71
432 AMS/Autopilot
Member Udorn VFW Post 10249