Re: Head Milling

To: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Subject: Re: Head Milling
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 11:03:55 -0500
Hey Scott...

Wouldn't that difference in thickness have an impact on pushrod length
as well?  I don't have two to compare, but I'm thinking that with a
"thinner" head casting, the GT6 pushrods would be a shorter length too,
no?  If old "Rudy" used those shorter pushrods with the TR head, it
would *have* to reduce both the lift and duration.  (Again, this is all
conjecture on my part, but it sort of makes sense...)

So the net result would be a super low compression motor with a weasley
less-than-stock-profile cam..  no?

Of course, it'd probably be pretty apparent during assembly, and REALLY
noisy in operation, the odds are that it's not a problem in your motor.
If that's the case, you may have to shorten the pushrods if you mill a
ton out of the head and there's not enough adjustability in the rockers.

John (<--three cups of coffee and doing some big thinking!)