Re: Head Milling

To: cebalo@NthShore.govt.nz
Subject: Re: Head Milling
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 11:35:03 EST
In a message dated 2/28/99 3:08:24 AM Central Standard Time,
cebalo@NthShore.govt.nz writes:

<< remember to take
 into account the size of your pistons in your calculations.  e.g., my
 Spitfire ( non US ) with +060 pistons and the head rebuilt a few times
 is around 10.75.   >>

You're absolutely correct!  I'm only having to go .020 over, and I did include
the extra swept volume in  the calculation (v1  +  v2  /   v2  =  CR).  I'd
hate to have to open it back up and replace the crank with a TR6 crank to
increase the swept volume ;-)  10.75 might be a bit much for me, too.  I could
skip zero-decking the block and go to 10.25, instead.

Thanks,

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com