Re: Head Milling

To: suchak@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Head Milling
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 11:47:32 EST
In a message dated 2/28/99 9:43:44 AM Central Standard Time,
suchak@mediaone.net writes:

<<  If old "Rudy" used those shorter pushrods with the TR head, it
 would *have* to reduce both the lift and duration. >>

Yup, yup, I think you're correct about that.  The pushrods that were in the
car were 8.302 in length.  Anybody have a GT6 mk. 3 (early) pushrod around to
measure?

<<you may have to shorten the pushrods if you mill a
ton out of the head and there's not enough adjustability in the rockers. >>

At the price offered by my responsive and knowledgeable vendor ;-) ,  I think
I may just purchase some nice tubular pushrods.  That would solve it, now,
wouldn't it?

Scott