Re: Factory options

To: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Factory options
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:24:24 -0500
Glenn Trunnell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have a list or know where I can obtain a list of the factory
> installed options on 76-79 Spitfires?  SCCA rules allow the use of factory
> options for autocrossing, but not dealer installed ones.
>
> Thanks,
> Glenn Trunnell
> '79 Spitfire

Glenn,

You aren't going to get much help. The Spitfire option list
was pretty sparse. Hardtop, Tonneau, and Overdrive were the
only factory installed options. The radio was installed at the
dealerships, as was any badge bars.

Sorry.

Between you and me, most tech inspectors don't know what was
or wasn't factory on the Spit. You can get away with some
modifications. One that comes to mind is the camber compensator
as that is allowed in the GCR. You can probably get away with
a wider wheel as well. I used to run my Spit used in the Detroit
Council series, and we followed the SCCA rules for the most
part. We did allow a few mods that SCCA didn't.

--
Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net