Re: What were the 68 Spit Colors?

To: "Kirk Crawford" <kirk.crawford@beachnet.com>
Subject: Re: What were the 68 Spit Colors?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:48:02 -0000

>What were the original colors  available for the 1968 spitfire mk3?

>From memory

Bright Red/Black seats, Damson/Black or tan seats, White/Black seats,
Wedgwood blue/Blue or black seats, Royal Blue/Blue or black seats, Conifer
green/Black or tan seats. First year of anti-pollution so car was still(?)
running on twin federally strangled SU's (till '69?), first year of high
back seats and black covered GT6 instrument panel. How's good is my memory
EXPERTS? <BG> Oh yes - one more thing. For 1968 model year only the
availability of a zip out centre rear window panel was known within the UK
for domestic and export cars though I have doubts whether this ever got into
the North American brochures until it was too late. Factory abandoned that
option for '69 model year.

Jonmac