Re: Mustang...Spitfire???

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mustang...Spitfire???
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:16:24 +0000

> > OK, how do you explain the Viper,  the new Corvette, and the '99 Mustang
> > Cobra? They'll paste just about anything euro or Asian to a wall, and
> > usually at about half the cash outlay. And, the old saw about American
> > muscle cars only being straight line performers doesn't apply any more.

Excuse me, have you never heard of a TVR Cerbera!!! That thing beat the Viper
in a standing mile race a few years ago, in the same race were a Porsche 911
turbo, Lotus Esprit V8 twin turbo, AM Vantage(twin supercharged), Caterham
Seven JPE and the TVR beat the lot!!! The viper came either 5th or 6th!!!

The newer 4.5's even quicker!!!! :-)

Rich