Re: British Sports Car

To: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Subject: Re: British Sports Car
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 19:59:34 -0800

"Laura G." wrote:

> Actually, from what i gather, there are two styles, the ones that Joe made
> up being called (I hope I got this right)-inverted-. And the other having
> all the blue where the yellow is. I prefer the "inverted"

I prefer "Inverted" over "Perverted"!

Joe

P.S. In actuality, the reason I made them the way I did is because
nearly all the photos I have seen of the planes had the yellow band
around the outer circle.  On some it was very thin compared to the inner
colors, and on others all the color circles were the same size.

Many of the wing insignias did not have the yellow band, even though the
body insignias did.

Someone suggested that yellow band was in celebration of the Victory in
the Battle of Britain and no other plane types other than those actually
involved got those yellow circles.  But that may just be a myth (sounds
good anyway)!

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer