Re: Experience with Brake M/C

To: "Rick Gregory" <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Experience with Brake M/C
From: "james carpenter" <james@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:51:18 -0000
>The brakes did improve a lot with the new M/C although
>I still wish they were better. I can lock the tires and
>bring the car to a screeching stop now, however, and I
>definately could not do that before. But I do need to
>press fairly hard to accomplish this. At least the car
>is definately drivable now, to the point where I don't
>worry about my wife driving it (which she loves to do!)
>

>I guess this is about as good as I can hope for with
>these manual brakes???

A servo would make less pedal effort, but would not give you anymore
stopping power, given a good shove the Spitfires is better than my old cars
with 4 pot callipers, as well as better than one of my parents one pot
callipers, the other has vented disks and 4 pot callipers and so stops well.

Having had to test the brakes out well in my Spit, kamikaze pedestrians.  I
feel more than confident in it.