Re: Looking for input on Distributer Upgrade

To: "Rick Gregory" <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for input on Distributer Upgrade
From: "Michael Altomare" <MTAltomare@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 06:52:13 -0500
I took an ever deeper plunge on my car.  I had distributer wobble problems
on my Lucas after years of good service using a Crane-Allison electronic
ignition module.  I recently installed a Mallory Unilite distributor (has
the electronic module built in) for $326.  It works great.  I contacted
Mallory directly for P/N info, etc., because I didn't want to go to a points
type distributor - it seemed like a step backwards.  I can look on the unit
for the P/N if you are interested.  Mine has the vacuum advance as well as
mechanical, but I am not using the vacuum advance based upon the advice of a
Mallory tech rep. who said that the Spitfire engines didn't need it.

Michael Altomare
'77 Spitfire 1500