Re: Camber compensator for Spitfire

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Camber compensator for Spitfire
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 21:20:15 -0400
Joe Curry wrote:

> Ralph,
> If I ever get down to Tucson, one of the projects I have planned is to
> reinvent the wheel, so to speak and come up with a camber compensator
> that is a duplicate of the ones being sold in the '60's.  I have the
> plans already made up and after making a prototype for test purposes, I
> will start a limited production of them.  I am hoping to be able to sell
> them for about $150 each but that will of course be determined by the
> manufacturing costs.  Since labor is cheaper in Arizona (NAFTA, you
> know), they should cost less there than here in Washington.
>
> Anyone interested in getting on the list of interested parties, please
> EMAIL me and I'll keep you updated as things progress.
>
> Regards,
> Joe
>
> Alecks & John Graves wrote:
> >
> > Ralph,
> >
> >    He no longer carries the compensators. Sorry to get your
> > hopes up. He does however carry a rear anti-roll bar that
> > bolt to the frame & are connected to the vertical links for
> > Spitfires. I checked Mark's e-mail address with him & he
> > has been getting mail from me alright.
> > Cheers,
> > John Graves
> > Spitfire Spares
> > http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~alecks/

joe, why a compesator when the factory comp department got rid of it in
1971.  use the rocker spring that has been dearched along with 5' or 5
1/2" wheels and you will generate mor cornering force than the
compesator generated. in fact, if you read the road teast of the swing
spring car - new body style- they speak about the great increase in
cornering forces over the earlier car.  great idea but you are right
about reinventing the wheel.  we make springs and sway bars and will be
happy to quote you a price if you want to proceed. ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive