RE: Camber compensator for Spitfire

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: RE: Camber compensator for Spitfire
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 07:18:28 -0600

        [Haynes, Mark]  Joe-
                My brother and I have a '65 Spit with the later swing spring
assembly installed, we did find a lot of rear roll, and combined with the
shorter front springs, it was pushing like nobody's business, we removed the
2nd leaf ( the long one without the eyes), and got about 3 degrees of
negative camber back there, it made the car handle like great!!!- I'm  not
sure if it will decrease the life of the 1st leaf, but maybe Ted knows-Ted??
        Mark Haynes
        '65 Spit RMVR #162