Re: Horn Question

To: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Horn Question
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:18:41 -0400
before you go and replace the horn...
check the surface of the horn near where the mount bolt is.
If there is a second screw that protrudes put doesn't look like it
mounts anything, or by viewing you'd think it mounted
something internal....
this is an adjustment screw. Record the present position of the screw.
(slot angle/position) give it a good tweek... max of two full turns in both
directions from the initial position.
Disconnect the working horn, have a friend push and hold
the horn button while you fiddle with this screw... it may just start working
again.
This screw is basically a 'stop' for the little vibrating disc within the horn.
With age, normally very little use, metal fatque, and rust, it just doesn't
vibrate correctly
move the 'home position' of the stop and you may just get it working again.

Paul Tegler
1973 BGT - Daily Driver
1975 Spitfire -in Cherry Shape     1980 Spitfire  w/  O/D - in re-hab
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
(all new ..faster menu)