fuel pressure and Weber DGV problems

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel pressure and Weber DGV problems
From: G faber <gfaber@fast.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 20:59:35 -0400
Hello to the list!
I just got done putting on a Weber dgv  on my Spit and man what a
difference it made from my ailing stromberg,  its really nice to hear
and feel that second barrel kick in.   Im having I believe a fuel
pressure problem,  I didn't check the pressure, but I have one of those
dreaded clicking electric fuel pumps  (annoying to say the least) and
its dumping fuel on idle right down the throat and stalling it out at
stops,
I had no luck at the local Pep boys try to get a pressure regulator, so
now Im thinking of just buying an original mechanical pump, my question
is what's the fuel pressure of the mechanical one, is it under the 3 lbs
which I now need?  or can any recommend a pressure regulator and where
to get one at a reasonable price?
just though I would inquire to the more knowledgeable! Thanks

Regards
Gerry
Honey Brook, PA

80 Spit