Re: fuel pressure and Weber DGV problems

To: G faber <gfaber@fast.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pressure and Weber DGV problems
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 07:40:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hi again Gerry!

I have a puralator electric fuel pump and a puralator
regulator.

My pump was mounted in the trunk and the "ticking"
drove me nuts too. I found a nice, protected spot just
under the trunk on the driver's side and re-mounted
the pump there. The noise problem has since gone away!

I recommend sticking with the electric pump. Get a
fuel pressure gauge and "T" it in just before the
carb. intake. Mount a regulator and adjust the
pressure down until your gauge reads 2.5 lbs. Also,
confirm your float level, it is critical.

If you're still flooding out, the gross jet is another
option.

Take it easy!
--Rick

--- G faber <gfaber@fast.net> wrote:

> Hello to the list!
> I just got done putting on a Weber dgv  on my Spit
> and man what a
> difference it made from my ailing stromberg,  its
> really nice to hear
> and feel that second barrel kick in.   Im having I
> believe a fuel
> pressure problem,  I didn't check the pressure, but
> I have one of those
> dreaded clicking electric fuel pumps  (annoying to
> say the least) and
> its dumping fuel on idle right down the throat and
> stalling it out at
> stops,
> I had no luck at the local Pep boys try to get a
> pressure regulator, so
> now Im thinking of just buying an original
> mechanical pump, my question
> is what's the fuel pressure of the mechanical one,
> is it under the 3 lbs
> which I now need?  or can any recommend a pressure
> regulator and where
> to get one at a reasonable price?
> just though I would inquire to the more
> knowledgeable! Thanks